Thank you for your interest in my consulting services! My intention is to provide you with information, awareness and feedback about the prevention and support services you offer to survivors of sexual violence and your campus community. I draw upon my experience as a survivor of sexual violence who has navigated myriad paths to healing and recovery, various medical and legal systems and the general societal, social and familial impacts of sexual violence. In addition, having worked as a an advocate and prevention educator on two college campuses, a medical/legal advocate for 2 rape crisis centers, and as a trauma-sensitive yoga instructor, I have interacted with hundreds of survivors and their communities along their unique journey of grief, activism, resilience and empowerment. I have also worked closely with families and significant others of survivors, their friends, communities and individuals seeking to identify their role in the movement to support this population as allies and support systems.
My approach is not clinical, but rather rooted in my direct experience as a survivor, an advocate for survivors, a yoga instructor as well as my graduate level (and ongoing) research on sexual violence, trauma and healing. I am able to refer you to my colleagues and mentors should we decide you require different or additional expertise. There is no one way we respond to the trauma of sexual violence, therefore, I believe that the best teachers and leaders to inform your community's path ahead are the student survivors on your campus. Yet, in order to best prepare you for your work with them, and to release them from the burden training the systems they need to be able to rely on for support, I hope to instill you with the necessary information, trauma-sensitivity and confidence to care for your students. Due to my experiences from various angles of this issue, as a survivor, an advocate, an educator and an ally, I believe I can effectively act as a bridge to enhance communication and collaboration in your community among students, staff and faculty.
Thank you for taking the time to respond to these questions, I look forward to working together. Please send your responses to me either in an email or you can send them as an attachment in word or pdf to email@example.com
Institution Name & Contact Information for Individuals Involved (name, titles, phone, email)
1. Please describe your institution's interest in enhancing your work with and for sexual violence survivors as well as any past or current experience serving this population.
2. Do members of your team have training or experience working with trauma, grief, sexual assault, interpersonal violence, healing and recovery?
3. In what way do you intend to deepen your work with this population and your campus community?
4. Who are your current partners and/or the leaders on your campus providing prevention and response on issues of sexual violence?
5. What prevention education, crisis response and ongoing recovery services/programs do you currently offer?
6. What does your group hope to gain from our time working together?
7. What is the biggest challenge your campus is facing related to sexual violence?
8. Anything else you would like to share?
Please email your responses to firstname.lastname@example.org